There is a chain letter inspired thingy going around the blogs. I was tagged by Lauren, which made me feel pretty special and probably unproportionately cool. There are rules which more or less say you write 11 random things about yourself, answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you, tag 11 new people, then write 11 questions for those whom you just tagged.
I am playing, but not by those rules…I honestly don’t want to spend the time tagging 11 people who may or may not either A) be annoyed or B) have a clue who I am….
I am however, self-involved enough to want to do the lists.
First, here are 11 questions I would like to ask every person I meet. Please, answer them in a comment if you feel game.
1) Why aren’t people nicer to each other?
2) If you woke up tomorrow and had your most perfect day? What would it be like?
3) What is one thing you have failed at repeatedly, but you still keep trying?
4) If you wrote a novel, what would it be about?
5) Do you think a persons morality is tied to their lifestyle choices?
6) What items would you grab if your house was on fire?
7) Why is America trying so hard to give the rest of the world the impression that we want a charicature for a president?
8) What household chore do you avoid the most?
9) What is your biggest gym pet-peeve?
10) What type of physcial activity do you love to engage in? (please don’t answer by saying “sex”. Smart Asses. I know you thought it)
11) What are 3 things you have wanted to do/learn/achieve for a long time, but never thought you could, or never figured out how to start?
Here’s 11 things about Annabelle (that’s me):
1) I think Applied Behavior Analysis can solve, or at least improve upon, any problem….
2) My biggest peeve is when people do not use person first language. There are no such people as Autistics, Depressives, Schizophrenics and so on. There ARE however, many individuals who have autism, depression, schizophrenia and so on…
Jimmy-Johnny-Joey is not autistic….But, Jimmy-Johnny-Joey may have autism.
There is a lot more to someone than a diagnosis. A whole lot more.
3) My favorite foods in no particular order are:
- Apple Pie
- Tootsie Rolls (the little ones, with the offensive name)
- Fudgsicles (they are like soft, yet frozen, Tootsie Rolls)
- Oranje Juice
4) I love Star Trek: The Next Generation (I love it enough that I use phrases like “make it so” and “engage”, but not enough to own a uniform, but if I did, it would be blue)
5) I really can not multitask.
6) I talk a lot, over-share, have a problem with boundaries, and have a hard time controlling my volume…I am also very sensitive to people telling me to slow down, or quiet down. Trust me, I am aware of it, and I am working on it.
7) I am totally overwhlemed by trying to think of 11 things to share about myself.
8) I like to make quilts….but have been 1/4 of the way through one since deciding to go back to school for my masters….3 years ago. Guess that hobby has been on hold for a while.
9) I want to take guitar lessons, again, I keep quitting. And I don’t actually own a guitar (but will take donations!)
10) I have my motorcycle license…I like to ride more than I like to run. Running is just more accessible when you live in Chicago.
11) I was born in Waterville, Maine.
Lauren’s 11 Questions
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? To California to hang out with my nephew (I realize the spirit of this thing is to fantasize exotically….but, honestly, I’d rather hang with Beck)
- Do you have a goal / legacy that you’d like to leave behind? My legacy/goal would be to create a system or way to prove to people (politicians, policy makers, and the like) that ALL individuals, regardless of their handicaps, limitations, disabilities, or histories, can learn to lead happy and productive lives, they cannot however, always advocate for themselves. .. Also I want to leave behind at least one perfect piece of Poetry
- What is the food you eat most frequently? Apples, Chicken, it’s a toss-up
- What is the best meal you ever ate? My mom’s homemade lasagna and apple pie
- Favorite Run? uuuuh, the one I will have tomorrow?…or the day after that, or in Boston… I don’t really know. 6 miles is my favorite distance in general.
- Who did you last talk on the phone with? Jorge
- What is the last book you read? Crazy Like Us, My Life on the Run, and the first Game of Thrones book (I finished them all on the same weekend)…I still have 5 others in rotation ( lack of focus…or something).
- Open- or closed-toe shoes in the summer? Closed. Always Closed. I hate peep-toe, open-toe, and I’ve never found a pair of sandals I like. And, there is a special place in hell reserved for flip-flops.
- What’s the coolest race swag or prize that you’ve received? A skull painted by a school kid at the Uno 5K 2011
- Do you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? Self-Consciously outgoing….
- Do you live near or far from family? Far from mine 😦 but close to my boyfriend’s(Jorge) family, and they are awesome. So that helps. A lot.
Well, that was fun, actually. Back to work now. Lunch is over (I had chili and an Apple. FYI).
Be nice. Keep Calm. Move On.